As Q4 wraps up and 2018 quickly approaches, it’s time to take a look at your social media plan for the New Year. Make 2018 your best year on social media yet with these six resolutions.
1. New year, new look. Take a fresh look at your visuals as you approach 2018. Update headers, profile pictures and check for consistency across your profiles. The company description should be unified across platforms, as should information and the logo.
2. Work smarter, not harder. If you don’t have an automated posting system by 2018, it’s time to start. Queuing posts saves time and allows you to focus on writing content. Control your accounts through platforms like Hootsuite or Buffer to queue social media once a day.
3. Mix it up! The New Year is the perfect time to try out a new social media platform. Are you prolific on Twitter but interested in Blab or Periscope? Give it a whirl. If, after a few months, you’re not seeing the results you’re hoping for, try another platform.
4. Build Relationships. Build your online presence by participating in Twitter chats and responding to comments or by connecting with thought leaders in your field on LinkedIn. A nice retweet or share can go a long way in building a mutually beneficial relationship.
5. Testing, testing. How can you guarantee 2018 is your best year on social media? You have to test it. Running A/B testing with tweets and headlines can show you to garner the most interaction from your followers. If you don’t already have a posting strategy, now is a good time to create one. That includes setting traffic goals for your accounts and tweaking your posting calendar and content types.
6. See where it counts. Make an effort to check out your social media analytics at least once a week to see how you’re doing. Your posting strategy should be backed with data such as what posting times receive the most traffic, or which platforms work for your content, so check in periodically to make sure all is going according to plan.